Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) assists the Queensland building and construction industry by providing funding to RTO’s for training and skills development of Queensland’s building & construction employees and employers.
Short Courses enable you to learn new and important skills that will help you to further your career in the construction industry. Whether it be working an excavator, safely operating an elevated work platform, or maintaining safety in the workplace, there is almost certainly a Short Course that will help you become a better worker. Realistic Training Options is offering the following Short Courses:
Cost of Training
- Given the increased benefits that you can gain from a Short Courses qualification, you are required to contribute to the cost of your training through a student co-contribution fee, payable to the training provider.
- The fee may be paid on your behalf by an employer or a third party but cannot be paid by the training provider.
To be eligible to enrol in the Short Courses program, prospective students:
- Must permanently reside in Queensland
- Must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- Must be an existing worker in the Building and Construction Industry
- Must not be an employee of an Authority
- Must not be a contracted trainer and assessor or an existing worker of any RTO
- Must not be currently enrolled in a secondary school program
- Must not have previously been funded for 3 courses under this program in the same program peroid (1 October 2014 to 30 September 2015)
Eligibility Evidence Required
Drivers licence or
Living in Queensland (bank account, phone account rates) etc.
Employer letter stating employment status and occupation
Green Medicare card or Birth certificate or passport
Pricing breakdown is as follows:
SEQ = Delivery & assessment onsite Under 100 km from the Brisbane CBD
Regional = Delivery & assessment onsite100 to 250 km from Brisbane CBD
Remote = Delivery & assessment onsite over 250 km from Brisbane CBD
Terms and Conditions
Please note that due to the restricted time and places for funding within the CSQ programs the following terms and conditions shall apply to all contracts from 1/01/2017. If the terms and conditions are not met then cancellation of the contract shall proceed and the position offered to a willing participant. thank you for your understanding in this matter.
Payment of student co contribution fees will have to be paid within a four-week period of signing training agreement. These can be paid by, direct debit, payment plan, bank card, please ring and ask our helpful staff for your best option.
All student criteria must be supplied within a four-week period of signing training agreement. E.g. Copies of licences, trade qualifications, visa’s, or any evidence required for the funding program
Register Your Interest