Participants who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Realistic Training Options (RTO 32496).
The course will be delivered over three days; two days of training with a third day to complete the WH&S mandated assessment.
- $550.00 pp
- For group or company bookings, please contact us for an obligation free quote.
NB - Upon successful completion of our forklift course, participants will need to pay a separate fee to Australia Post as part of the High Risk Work (HRW) Licence application process.
A forklift truck is a powered industrial truck equipped with a mast and an elevating load carriage to which is attached a pair of fork arms (that can be raised 900 mm or more above the ground) or other load holding attachment.
Forklift trucks are used to lift and transport materials and can be powered by electric motors or internal combustion engines running on petrol, diesel or LPG fuels.
Upon successfully completing this course, participants will have the required formal logbook training and assessment results to be eligible to apply for a High Risk Work (HRW) Licence.
- Assessing hazards and planning the work
- Conducting routine checks of equipment
- Operating the forklift Truck
- Shutting down and securing the forklift truck
Participants will be required to successfully complete a series of Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) mandated assessment items. These will comprise of written knowledge, calculations and practical skills assessments. All assessments will be “closed book” and conducted by a WH&S Accredited Assessor. This mandated assessment is required to be administered by all RTOs offering this High Risk training.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN)
- If you have English as a second language, you may be required to undergo an LLN assessment to ensure you meet the literacy demands of this course. We will assist you in any way we can.
- Please advise us at the time of booking whether you have English as a second language, or any literacy concerns or issues
- WH&S does not allow an interpreter to be used during the mandated assessment
- You will require at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills. If you have any doubts, please let us know so we can assist you.
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards for forklift operations
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work at height to be undertaken
- Practical hands-on forklift training to ensure participants can safely and competently operate a forklift
Each Trainee Must Provide
To successfully complete this certification, participants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Provide 100 point identification
- Arrive in suitable attire, long pants, work boots etc.
Be ready and willing to study, and complete review questions at night in order to have the best chance of successfully completing the written assessment
What to do when you have successfully completed the course
Submit an application to Australia Post in person within 60 days of successfully completing the practical assessment before performing work in the relevant HRW class. Retain the AS1 and receipt from Australia Post as evidence that you can lawfully perform work in the relevant class of high risk pending a decision on your application (interim licence).
Units of Competency
License to Operate a Forklift